How Bitter Leaf Helps – Vernonia Amygdalina (Bitter leaf) — a member of the Asteraceae family — a small shrub that grows in tropical Africa A research published in the American journal of Biochemistry and biotechnology reported that bitter leaf tea is very useful in the reduction of blood glucose, as such bitter leaf tea is a very useful plant in the management of diabetes and other blood sugar related conditions.
- Results from the study showed that the combinations of the bitter leaf extract and metformin caused more re-duction in glycemia compared to any of the agents acting alone in either of the two categories of studied.
- Bitter leaf is able to influence some drop in the sugar level.
- But it is not suppose to be regarded as an entire medication for diabetes.
Bitter Leaf Juice For Diabetes Get a handful of fresh bitter leaf and wash them properly checking beneath the leaf for insect eggs and other contaminants.Place the washed leaves in a blender, pour the desired amount of water and blend to desired texture.Using a fine sieve drain the juice into a cup or jug and your medicinal bitter leaf juice is ready,
- It is also safe to drink the blend as a smoothie.There are several other health benefits of consuming bitter leaf juice.
- Bitter Leaf Tea for Diabetes Step 1 : Get tea leaves and wash them if they are fresh and in case you prefer black bitter leaf tea wash the leaf before drying.
- Measurement Guide Black Bitter Leaf Tea Light Flavor: 1.5 Teaspoons, or about 3–4 grams of tea per 10–12 ounces or 30 CL of water.
Strong Flavor: 2 Teaspoons, or 5 grams of tea per 10–12 ounces or 30 CL of water. Green Bitter Leaf Tea Light Flavor: 1.5 Teaspoons, or about 3–4 grams of tea per 8 ounces or 24 CL of water. Strong Flavor: 2 Teaspoons, or 5 grams of tea per 8 ounce or 24 CL of water. Avoid the bitter taste of the Bitter Leaf plant and tedious mixing routines, while receiving all the wonderful health benefits with Bitter Leaf Capsules! Order Your Subscription Today! Please contact us with any further questions
How to use bitter leaf to lower blood sugar?
03 /11 Neem – The bitter leaf of neem is an effective remedy for treating diabetes as they are loaded with flavonoids, triterpenoid, anti-viral compounds and glycosides, which may help manage blood sugar levels. To make neem powder, take some dried neem leaves and grind them in a blender until smooth. You can consume this powder twice daily for optimum benefits. readmore
Does bitter leaf water reduce blood sugar?
Lowers High Blood Pressure – The same bitterness in bitter leaf that makes it unappetising is also one of its strongest best benefits. The bitterness of bitter leaf juice helps to lower your sugar level and controls blood pressure. Doctors advise hypertensive and diabetic patients to consume bitter leaf as the potassium it contains is a good remedy for hypertension as it prevents sodium from spiking up in the bloodstream by flushing out the accumulation of salt.
Is it good to drink bitter leaf juice everyday?
Helps prevents and cures diseases: – The juice prevents diseases such as malaria, due to a component known as Natural Quinine. It cures sexually transmitted diseases (STD), helps treats Hepatitis B, cures intestinal parasitic infections and treats skin diseases such as ringworm, eczema and so on. It also cures cough, as well as toothaches.
When is the best time to drink bitter leaf juice?
Bitter leaf has numerous medicinal values and benefits to human health and lifestyle. Bitter leaf plant with leafy green vegetable is also known as Vernonia amygdalina. It is a very popular plant loved by the people from the eastern and western parts of Africa. Bitter leaf greens are used in the form of vegetable eaten to promote and enhance the digestive tract.
Treats stomach and abdominal pains
Bitter leaf helps in the treatment of abdominal issues like stomach upset, diarrhoea, dysentery, and other gastrointestinal tract diseases. Drinking a cup of bitter leaf juice twice daily helps bring relief from stomach problems. Bitter leaf juice helps in curing those suffering from insomnia.
Lowers High Blood Pressure
The bitterness of bitter leaf juice helps to lower your sugar level and controls blood pressure. Doctors advise hypertensive and diabetic patients to consume bitter leaf as the potassium it contains is a good remedy for hypertension as it prevents sodium from spiking up in the bloodstream by flushing out the accumulation of salt.
Can bitter leaf damage kidney?
How Bitter Helps Enhance Your Kidney Function – A study published in the Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences demonstrated that ethanol leaf extract of Vernonia amygdalina ameliorate can protect the liver, kidney and heart of male albino Wistar rats against theobromine induced toxicity and modulates the adverse effects on lipid profile.
- The extract in Bitter Leaf also protects against kidney damage by restoring to normal values the theobromine induced increase in the serum concentrations of urea and creatinine.
- Additionally, the theobromine induced alterations in the histology of the liver, heart and kidney sections of the experimental rats were normalized following treatment with ethanol leaf extract of Vernonia amygdalina ( Bitter Leaf ).” Ethanol leaf extract of Vernonia amygdalina has been reported to protect against kidney impairment and enhance kidney function.
* The information you see is researchable and open to public knowledge *
Is it good to chew bitter leaf raw?
Medical researchers have expressed conviction that taking our bitter leaf capsule products, instead of drinking bitter leaf juice, or eating the leaf raw is the best and most effective way of getting all the medicinal benefits of the plant.
How many times can I take bitter leaf?
10 Ailments Bitter Leaf juice can cure Bitter leaf also known as Vernonia amygdalina, it has a grey or brown coloured bark, which has a rough texture and is flaked. The herb is an indigenous African plant; which grows in most parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
Stomach Problems Cough Itching Fatigue Fever Diabetes Eczema Skin Rashes Ringworm Malaria Menopause
Extract the juice out of Biter leaves and mix with small quantity of water Consume it two times a day.Chew the Bitter leaves before going to bed at night. Repeat this procedure for 3 days to get cure from cough.Boil or squeeze the leaves of bitter Leaf and mix it with water Drink this liquid twice a day.Prepare juice of Bitter Leaf and add a pinch of salt to 3 tablespoons of the undiluted juice.
- Consuming this juice will bring instant energy in the body.Or:Consume a glass of bitter Leaf juice a day to combats Fatigue.Drink a glass of extracted Bitter Leaf juice thrice a day to reduce fever.Squeeze the fresh Biffer leaf to extract out the juice.
- Drink it twice a day to lower the raised blood sugar levels.Apply the extracted juice of bitter Leaf over the affected area to treat Eczema.Prepare a juice from Biffer Leaf.
Apply this juice as a paste on your skin to reduce Skin Rashes.Squeeze out the juice from the Bitter leaf. Apply a thin layer of this juice on your affected area. Repeat it once a day.Boil some fresh Bitter leaves in 100 ml of water for 5to 10 minutes.
Can I drink bitter leaf juice at night?
5. Bitter leaf helps relieve fever – Bitter leaf contains flavonoids, which have powerful antioxidant effects, and can help with treating a variety of health issues such as a high fever. In particular, bitter leaf was historically used in traditional medicine for the treatment of the bacterial infection typhoid fever.
What can bitter leaf cure?
Introduction – Africa is one of the richest phytodiversities in the World. The consumption of plant materials is believed to contribute immensely to the improvement of the health of man and animals.1 It is estimated that 80% of the population of Africa depends on medicinal plants to satisfy their healthcare requirements.
Vernonia amygdalina (family of asteraceae ) is a valuable medicinal plant that is widespread in East and West Africa 2, It is known as bitter leaf and may be used as active anti-cancer 3, anti-bacteria, anti-malarial, and anti-parasitic agent 4, This plant contains complex active components that are pharmacologically useful.
The roots and the leaves are used in ethnomedicine to treat fever, hiccups, kidney problems, and stomach discomfort 5, The stem and root divested of the bark are used as chew-sticks in many West Africa countries like Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria. Vernonia amygdalina (VA) leaves are one of the most widely leaf vegetables consumed by Cameroonians during special occasions such as marriages, baptisms, Christmas, and birthday.
- Pharmacological studies have also shown that the leaf extracts have both hypoglycaemic and hypolipidaemic properties in experimental animals and so could be used in managing diabetes mellitus 6,
- Traditional medical practitioners, herbalists, and local healers in West Africa recommend aqueous VA for their patients.
The beneficial use of VA in animal nutrition in Nigeria has been well documented 7, 8, 9 reported that VA leaf extract enhanced the prophylactic and therapeutic efficacy of chloroquine against Plasmodium berghei malaria in mice. However, the unrefined nature of the herbal preparations, coupled with the apparent lack of specificity or precision in the application of the plant in traditional medicine could lead to over dosage of the herbal medicine, which can result in accumulation of essential and non-essential plant ingredients in the human system.
The accumulation can reach a toxic level, especially in the systems of people who rely heavily on unrefined herbal products, with severe consequences on their biochemical and genetic systems. Sniper 1000EC is an insecticide and acaricide that acts after coming in contact with plants and animals and is a stomach poison acting as fumigant and insecticide.
The insecticide is used to control pests in households, stored product insects, mushroom flies, aphids, spider mites, caterpillars, thrips, whiteflies in grass house crops, outdoor fruits, vegetables, and weevils in stored grain. In Nigeria, due to increase in resistance to insecticides by disease vectors, there is an upsurge in the use of sniper 1000EC for indoor residual spray due to its quick knockdown effect.
What is the effect of drinking bitter leaf?
Helps prevent and treat cancer Bitter leaf is rich in phtyochemicals such as saponins, coumarins and alkaloids which according to scientists at help the body reduce harmful free radicals, detoxify, prevent the release of stress response proteins and interfere with DNA activities that may cause cancer.
Is it good to drink bitter leaf water first thing in the morning?
Is it beneficial to drink bitter-leaf water first thing in the morning? Health Benefits of Bitter Leaf – This is one of the most effective weight-loss drinks. Drinking bitter leaf water on an empty stomach dilutes the acids and prevents the production of kidney stones and bladder infections.
Is bitter leaf poisonous?
1. Introduction – The herb known as bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina) is a shrub or small tree that can reach 23 feet in height when fully grown. Bitter leaf has a grey or brown coloured bark, which has a rough texture and is flaked. The herb is an indigenous African plant; which grows in most parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
- The East African country of Tanzania is traditionally linked to this plant and can be found growing wild along the edges of agricultural fields.
- It is a medicinal plant and fresh bitter leaf is of great importance in human diet because of the presence of vitamins and mineral salts ( Sobukola et al., 2007 ).
It is a very important protective food and useful for the maintenance of health and prevention and treatment of various diseases. Some principal chemical constituents found in bitter leaf herb are a class of compounds called steroid glycosides- type vernonioside B1 – these chemical substances possess a potent anti-parasitic, anti-tumour, and bactericidal effect.
The bitter leaf is mainly employed as an agent in treating schistsomiasis, which is a disease caused by parasitic worms. It is also useful in the treatment of diarrhoea and general physical malaise. Remedies made from bitter leaf are used in treating 25 common ailments in sub- Saharan African, these include common problems such as fever, and different kinds of intestine complaints, as well as parasite-induced diseases like malaria.
Bitter leaf also helps to cleanse such vital organs of the body like the liver and the kidney. Bitter leaf is also used in the treatment of skin infections such as ringworm, rashes and eczema. However, bitter leaf and other vegetables contain both essential and toxic metals over a wide range of concentrations ( Radwan and Salama, 2006 ).
Does bitter leaf reduce blood in the body?
3. Lowers high blood pressure – You will be amazed that the bitterness in bitter leaf has sweet benefits for the body. It might be unpleasant but helps to lower high blood pressure. Research has it that hypertensive patients should take more bitter leaf soup or juice to reduce their blood pressure.
Can bitter leaf cure kidney?
Nigeria: No, Lime, Bitter Leaf and Coconut Extracts Won’t Cure Kidney Disease
A on Facebook in Nigeria claims there is a herbal cure for kidney disease.The 21 November 2021 recommends drinking an infusion made from lime leaves and the fresh roots of the bitter leaf plant and the coconut tree.It that drinking one glass of the mixture twice a day for four weeks will “solve” kidney disease.But will this mixture really cure kidney disease? No scientific evidence The kidneys are two in the body that remove toxins in the blood and convert waste to urine.
Awobusuyi Olugbenga, professor of medicine at in southwestern Nigeria, told Africa Check there are various types of kidney diseases. He researches the causes and treatment of them. “When we say kidney disease, it means that there is a problem with the kidney and the ability of the organ to carry out its functions is impaired,” he said.
- We have kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, and other types of kidney diseases.
- All these conditions have different treatments.
- So it is inaccurate to prescribe one treatment path for all kidney diseases.” The professor told Africa Check there was no scientific or medical evidence that using lime, bitter leaf, and coconut roots could cure kidney diseases.
Africa Check has debunked claiming certain herbal infusions and concoctions could “” the kidneys or, Kidney specialists urge people to visit doctors and disregard posts like this. : Nigeria: No, Lime, Bitter Leaf and Coconut Extracts Won’t Cure Kidney Disease
Can bitters lower blood sugar?
Liver health benefits – Certain bittering agents help support the liver at fulfilling its main job: removing toxins from the body and regulating our metabolic processes. Bitters give the liver a boost by aiding in the elimination of toxins and detoxification, coordinating the metabolism of sugar and fats, and helping release gallbladder-supporting hormones like cholecystokinin (CCK).